Setting MailMessage email address

Arthur

Hi,

When an email is sent, the recipient receives the email with the from
showing something like:
active [[email protected]]

When using a c-based smtp class, I can set the "display" name to anything I
want so the recipient may see:
John Smith [[email protected]]

I've been unable to find a way to set the "display" name using the
MailMessage or SmtpMail classes. Is there a class or a methodology in these
classes to accomplish this?

The reason we do this is that we use one outgoing account on all emails, but
we'd like to show the actual name of the person who was logged in when an
error occurred in the from field.

Thanks much for any help.

Arthur