Sharing Authentication Cookies

thecoolone

I have 2 seperate. 1st one contains only the index page
and 2nd one contains the main login page etc...
The problem is that when I go to the index page it works as i desired
only for the first time. What i mean is that it works only when the
user is not authenticated.
And it redirect to the login page... but now even though i have created
a presistent cookie in the login.aspx page which is in a seperate
application from the index.aspx page. From here on it all works fine
till the user closes the browser.
And now when the user (i.e autheunticated user) tries to login again im
again redirected to the login page.
For some reason in the 1st application (i.e the index.aspx page) the
(User.Identity.IsAuthenticated) always returns false. It doesnt read
from the cookie. The cookie has been created/set. I checked it.
Now what sould i do ?? plz help me out. How do i make my 1st
application to read the "user" name from the cookie set by the 2nd
application. How can i share the authentication cookies between 2
applications ?

thecoolone

thanx for the link..

but the link is for ASP .NET 2.0.