Should this be added to MySQLdb FAQ?

gmax2006

Hi,

I went through couple of wrong paths to install MySQLdb on my RedHat
box. I was trying to download MySQL client from MySQL.com and also
mySQLdb from SourceForge. After some challenges with compile errors and
also searching for pre-required RPMs, I found RedHat distribution
already contains all compiled rpms and all I need are within CDs 3 and
4 of RedHat distribution!

In essence, I found that I should check my Linux distribution first,
then attempt to download stuff from sourceforge!

I also posted the question to this group:
http://groups.google.ca/group/comp....dfa58/f72f09a863bffdb2?hl=en#f72f09a863bffdb2

If this makes sense, should it be added to MySQLdb FAQ?

Regards,
Max

Nick Vatamaniuc

gmax2006,
Yes, perhaps the MySQLdb project should mention that packages are
usually available in the popular distributions. I am using Ubuntu and
everything I needed for MySQL and Python was in the repositories ,
'apt-get' one-lines is all that is needed. In general though, I found
that more often than not the program I need is already in some
repository somewhere.