    Should this be made moderated?

    I dont know but...i Just want this group to be focussed on cpp.....not
    spam :-(

    Suraj, Jun 20, 2009

  2. Suraj

    red floyd Guest

    comp.lang.c++.moderated already exists.

    red floyd, Jun 20, 2009

  3. But there IS a separate comp.lang.c++.moderated

    What great would happen if c.l.c++ went moderated?

    Donkey Hottie, Jun 20, 2009
  4. Suraj

    Ian Collins Guest

    Use a decent news service and client and you won't see those.

    Ian Collins, Jun 20, 2009
  5. Suraj

    Default User Guest

    1. It is generally impossible to switch a newsgroup from unmoderated to
    moderated. The normal method is to create a new moderated group.

    2. As pointed out, one exists already.

    3. Moderated groups are often unpopular, because there is significant
    lag between posting and seeing the messages.

    I see next to no spam here, because my provider kills it at the server.

    Brian

    Default User, Jun 21, 2009
  6. For quite some time i am receiving too messages about Nike shoes and
    I think that C++ is a dying language, thanks to Microsofts killing embrace.
    C++/CLI cannot be ignored but it doesn't feel the same and now the maggots
    take over

    Martijn Mulder, Jun 23, 2009
  7. C++ has always been a zombie, its only drive is the C ghost inside it :)

    Pascal J. Bourguignon, Jun 23, 2009
  8. Suraj

    Jorgen Grahn Guest

    And how are those opinions related to the presence of Nike shoe spam
    on comp.lang.c++? This is an active and fairly civilized group, not a
    dying group where most of the content is spam.

    /Jorgen

    PS. I'm a Unix/embedded developer. I happily ignore C++/CLI. And I
    suspect C++/MFC doesn't "feel the same" either.

    Jorgen Grahn, Jun 23, 2009