Should this forum become moderated?

Suraj

For quite some time i am receiving too messages about Nike shoes and
Paypal and all other stuff not meant for this forum.

I am also missing some informative messages from some of the core
members.

Should this be made moderated?

I dont know but...i Just want this group to be focussed on cpp.....not
spam :-(

red floyd

Suraj said:
For quite some time i am receiving too messages about Nike shoes and
Paypal and all other stuff not meant for this forum.

I am also missing some informative messages from some of the core
members.

Should this be made moderated?

I dont know but...i Just want this group to be focussed on cpp.....not
spam :-(

comp.lang.c++.moderated already exists.

Donkey Hottie

Suraj said:
For quite some time i am receiving too messages about
Nike shoes and Paypal and all other stuff not meant for
this forum.

I am also missing some informative messages from some of
the core members.

Should this be made moderated?

I dont know but...i Just want this group to be focussed
on cpp.....not spam :-(

But there IS a separate comp.lang.c++.moderated

What great would happen if c.l.c++ went moderated?

Ian Collins

Suraj said:
For quite some time i am receiving too messages about Nike shoes and
Paypal and all other stuff not meant for this forum.

Use a decent news service and client and you won't see those.

Default User

Suraj said:
For quite some time i am receiving too messages about Nike shoes and
Paypal and all other stuff not meant for this forum.

I am also missing some informative messages from some of the core
members.

Should this be made moderated?

I dont know but...i Just want this group to be focussed on cpp.....not
spam :-(

1. It is generally impossible to switch a newsgroup from unmoderated to
moderated. The normal method is to create a new moderated group.

2. As pointed out, one exists already.

3. Moderated groups are often unpopular, because there is significant
lag between posting and seeing the messages.

I see next to no spam here, because my provider kills it at the server.

Brian

Martijn Mulder

For quite some time i am receiving too messages about Nike shoes and
Paypal and all other stuff not meant for this forum.

I think that C++ is a dying language, thanks to Microsofts killing embrace.
C++/CLI cannot be ignored but it doesn't feel the same and now the maggots
take over

Pascal J. Bourguignon

Martijn Mulder said:
I think that C++ is a dying language, thanks to Microsofts killing embrace.
C++/CLI cannot be ignored but it doesn't feel the same and now the maggots
take over

C++ has always been a zombie, its only drive is the C ghost inside it :)

Jorgen Grahn

I think that C++ is a dying language, thanks to Microsofts killing embrace.
C++/CLI cannot be ignored but it doesn't feel the same and now the maggots
take over

And how are those opinions related to the presence of Nike shoe spam
on comp.lang.c++? This is an active and fairly civilized group, not a
dying group where most of the content is spam.

/Jorgen

PS. I'm a Unix/embedded developer. I happily ignore C++/CLI. And I
suspect C++/MFC doesn't "feel the same" either.