Show progress bar during page Load code running . .

akantrowitz

I have a asp.net 2.0 page that runs a large DB query on the Page_Load
event. This is needed because it generates an array of pictures that
are then dumped out onto the webpage.

Is there any way to display progress to the user while this query is
running?

This seems like a catch 22 because the page hasn't rendered yet until
after the Page_Load finished but i am running a long running task that
is required to be complete prior to page rendering.

thks,
ak

Brian Williams

Where is the delay, the SQL or the actual image download?
How many images on average are you talking about?
How large are the images on average?

Regards,
Brian K. Williams