signal handling and returning

Alex Hart

I'd like to understand exactly when perl will call a signal handler
(HUP, CHLD, PIPE are the exact one's I'm listening for). I notice that
in perl5.6, the handler does not interupt the accept command, but on
5.8 it does. Is there a list of functions which will be interupted?
What exactly is the difference between 5.6 and 5.8.

Along the same lines, where will perl return in the code? Will it
always return to the next line of the code?

Thanks in advance.

- Alex Hart