Simple designer problem.

Max Metral

I have a control that "wraps" some other controls, such as:

<my:component property="value"/>

<h1>HELLO WORLD!</h1>

</my:component>

In the designer, I want "<h1>HELLO WORLD!</h1>" to be rendered.

What's the simplest way to accomplish this with no runtime impact? I tried
variants of ParseChildren, custom designer classes, etc, with no luck.

Thanks,
--Max

Alessandro Zifiglio

hi Max,
A Web Forms designer class controls the design-time appearance of a control
by providing design-time HTML to a designer host. The .NET Framework
provides a base designer class, System.Web.UI.ControlDesigner, that provides
base functionality for a server control designer. ControlDesigner defines
the following key methods for rendering design-time HTML.

For a how-to tutorial reference the article :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...n-us/cpguide/html/cpconhtmldesignersample.asp
This will have no runtime impact ofcourse ;P
If your still having difficulty postback :)