Simple Web Templating system with execution in templates

Chris Stiles

Hi --

Does anyone have any recommendations for simple web templating systems for
python that also allow execution of python code within the the templates
themselves ?

So far I'm using Albatross, and it's nice, though it would be nicer still if
it had proper support for 'code tags' ala <? ?>.

Ksenia Marasanova

Does anyone have any recommendations for simple web templating systems
for
python that also allow execution of python code within the the
templates
themselves ?

So far I'm using Albatross, and it's nice, though it would be nicer
still if
it had proper support for 'code tags' ala <? ?>.

The following templating system is definatelly not what you described
:), but it allows you to use 'normal' Python with templates (and that
is probably what you really want):
http://freespace.virgin.net/hamish.sanderson/htmltemplate.html

Ksenia.

Chris Stiles

Ksenia Marasanova said:
The following templating system is definatelly not what you described
:), but it allows you to use 'normal' Python with templates (and that
is probably what you really want):
http://freespace.virgin.net/hamish.sanderson/htmltemplate.html

Actually, the problem i'm facing is that i'm trying to create an application
that itself has templates. So I think what i'm really looking for is a
minimal cgi framework plus something that would enable me to 'post-process'
templates, with the option of executing python in the templates inside some
kind of sandbox.

William Park

Chris Stiles said:
Hi --

Does anyone have any recommendations for simple web templating systems for
python that also allow execution of python code within the the templates
themselves ?

So far I'm using Albatross, and it's nice, though it would be nicer still if
it had proper support for 'code tags' ala <? ?>.

Perhaps, you can have a look at shell template called BASP:
http://freshmeat.net/projects/basp/
Essentially, you would be embedding shell script, in it, you would put
Python code. Or, you can modify the code to run Python directly.