Single sign-on question

HB

I currently have .net 2 website using ssl and windows authentication. I
have added a new app that needs to get the currently logged in
user/password and pass it to pop3 server to check email.

I don't see a way of accessing the password to pass to pop server.
Should I just change my login to forms instead? I have ACLs setup for
some files and users and index server returns results based on your
login. What will happen to these functions after I change to forms
authentication? Will AzMan or Federation services help me?

thanks for the insight