    http://lareviewofbooks.org

    Surely it will never catch on. Why would you do such a thing?

    Tim W

    Tim w, May 30, 2014

  2. Tim w

    Tim w Guest

    It didn't look to me like it was thrown together by an amateur, but WP
    would sort of explain it, because it enables designers with little
    knowledge of code to put together a complex site but if there's a
    problem they don't know how to fix it.

    As a side question: in this case I can see in the html references to a
    WP plugin. Sometimes I can put /admin on the end of the root url to look
    at the login. Is there any other, more reliable way of telling if a site
    is using a CMS and what the CMS is?

    Tim w, May 31, 2014

  3. | On 31/05/2014 01:02, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    | > Tim w wrote:
    | >
    | >> This is strange. This site seems to have no scroll bars despite having
    | >> massive great long pages:
    | >> http://lareviewofbooks.org

    <snip>

    | As a side question: in this case I can see in the html references to a
    | WP plugin. Sometimes I can put /admin on the end of the root url to look
    | at the login. Is there any other, more reliable way of telling if a site
    | is using a CMS and what the CMS is?

    http://toolbar.netcraft.com/site_report?url=http://lareviewofbooks.org
    gives lots of useful information.

    As an example the report states "WordPress Self-Hosted" in the Site
    Technology section.

    David Postill, May 31, 2014
  4. Tim w

    Tim w Guest

    There's me puzzling over why, and the answer of course is simple. Idiocy.

    Tim W

    Tim w, May 31, 2014
  5. Wow! Keyboard ONLY! Up and down arrow is the only thing that works.

    Jonathan N. Little, May 31, 2014
  6. Tim w

    dorayme Guest

    Not on my keyboard (good buttons, along with Page Down, which are
    useful normally for such things).

    Disabling CSS gets the scrollbars (yes, I know, JS instead (as B
    noted- probably the better option) or as well. When you disable the
    CSS, you can see some articles fine. But much else is wrong then...

    dorayme, Jun 1, 2014
  7. Tim w

    dorayme Guest

    Not here. The only other technique not mentioned is make the text size
    smaller (get a magnifying glass for this one) to get more of the page
    to show... <g>

    dorayme, Jun 1, 2014
  8. Tim w

    Tim w Guest

    Seems to be fixed now. Must have just been broken.

    Tim w

    Tim w, Jun 1, 2014
  9. Tim w

    Ray_Net Guest

    Sure ? I have a doubt :)
    With SeaMonkey and FireFox we cannot navigate vertically with a vertical scroll bar,
    but we can do it with the up/down key or page Up/Down
    With IE11.0 NO WAY for vertically nagivation - Completely unusuable :)

    Ray_Net, Jun 2, 2014
  10. Tim w

    Ray_Net Guest

    Now it's ok, we have a vertical scrollbar.

    Ray_Net, Jun 3, 2014
  11. Tim w

    Gloops Guest

    Tim w wrote, on 30th May 2014 22:58 UTC + 2 :
    Hello,

    I do not observe that. Do you still have that problem ?

    I noticed something similar with my webmail interface with Smartermail.
    I accessed it from two machines with Firefox, one with Windows XP Home
    SP3, the other one with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

    On the machine with Windows I had never any problem, on the machine with
    Ubuntu, the list of messages has no vertical scrollbar, so I can only
    access the five first messages or so.

    A second theme changed nothing, but installing a third theme solved the
    problem.

    None of those themes have any problem with the page you mention, this
    being said.

    Gloops, Jun 14, 2014
  12. Tim w

    Gloops Guest

    Gloops wrote, on 14th June 2014 15:47 UTC + 2 :

    Did not read all the thread ;)

    But sometimes what I said can help.

    Gloops, Jun 14, 2014