scroll bars in iframes

dark

Hi,

I'm having a problem with scroll bars.

I'm looking for a method of replacing the default browser scrollbars
with custom ones, on <div> tags on pages INSIDE <iframe> tags.

This page shows an example of the problem:

http://www.darkaudio.co.uk/v2/scroll_test/index.html

the top three panels are <div> tags on the page. The bottom one is an
<iframe> with a page inside it with the same <div> on it.

How can I go about preventing the scroll bar from insetting itself as
in the bottom example?

Thanks.

SAM

dark a écrit :
Hi,

I'm having a problem with scroll bars.

I'm looking for a method of replacing the default browser scrollbars
with custom ones, on <div> tags on pages INSIDE <iframe> tags.

This page shows an example of the problem:

http://www.darkaudio.co.uk/v2/scroll_test/index.html

impossible to downlaod
the top three panels are <div> tags on the page. The bottom one is an
<iframe> with a page inside it with the same <div> on it.

How can I go about preventing the scroll bar from insetting itself as
in the bottom example?

what could be the interest ?

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

dark said:
I'm having a problem with scroll bars.

I'm looking for a method of replacing the default browser scrollbars
with custom ones, on <div> tags on pages INSIDE <iframe> tags.

This page shows an example of the problem:

http://www.darkaudio.co.uk/v2/scroll_test/index.html

the top three panels are <div> tags on the page. The bottom one is an
<iframe> with a page inside it with the same <div> on it.

How can I go about preventing the scroll bar from insetting itself as
in the bottom example?

CSS: width:100% or no `width' declaration on .jScrollPaneContainer and
..scroll-pane and a bit more `padding-right' on the latter.

The scrollbar is a bit jumpy when dragged which is probably due to all this
jQuery nonsense. Personally, I don't like this iframe approach of yours as
a whole. It's a pain to navigate, to bookmark and to print. Try to avoid them.

BTW: This is Usenet, not a real-time support forum. Despite your customer
attitude showed with
<and
<you
got an answer -- this time. And get a real name.

PointedEars

dark

Thanks for your input Mr German man. I was unaware that only
particular questions could be asked on 'Usenet' and names such as dark
are inferior to that of Thomas PointedEars Lahn. Unfortunately your
solution didn't work. Maybe i'll try Mootools, coding is mind boggling
for us 3d designers.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

dark said:
Thanks for your input Mr German man.

My supposed descent is irrelevant to your apparent misbehavior.
I was unaware that only particular questions could be asked on 'Usenet'

It is the way you asked the question(s), and since the solution would
obviously not have anything to do with scripting, also the newsgroup
where you asked it.
and names such as dark are inferior to that of Thomas PointedEars Lahn.

Some consider posting under ones real name to be polite behavior, and the
lack of it to be the opposite -- like attending an interview with a skiing
mask put on.
Unfortunately your solution didn't work.

It works fine in my Firefox 3.0.1.
Maybe i'll try Mootools,

Which would get you out of the frying pan into the fire, of course.
coding is mind boggling for us 3d designers.

Why not let someone do the job who knows what they are doing in the first place?

PointedEars

dark

My supposed descent is irrelevant to your apparent misbehavior.

No its not - if you were from the US I would have thrown my toys out
the pram.

It is the way you asked the question(s), and since the solution would
obviously not have anything to do with scripting, also the newsgroup
where you asked it.

Ok, i'll reassess that for the future.

Some consider posting under ones real name to be polite behavior, and
the
lack of it to be the opposite -- like attending an interview with a
skiing
mask put on.

My name on Groups was 'Will' which is my real name - not sure how or
when I changed it and not sure how to change it back.

It works fine in my Firefox 3.0.1.

I'll have another try.

Which would get you out of the frying pan into the fire, of course.

Why? I need to use iframes by the way.

Why not let someone do the job who knows what they are doing in the
first place?

Free website - money issue for coder. Hence asking online.