    If anyone has used the Google version, is there any way of getting it to
    work with the TreeView and SiteMapPath controls?

    JJ

    JJ, Jul 8, 2006

  2. JJ

    Guest Guest

    The ASP.NET 2.0 Web.sitemap has absolutely NOTHING to do with a google
    sitemap. Yes, google sitemaps work, when properly constructed.
    Peter

    Guest, Jul 9, 2006

  3. You're kind of comparing apples to oranges.
    Google's site maps serve a fairly different purpose than ASP.NET's site
    maps.
    Generally ASP.NET's site maps are not directly exposed to the internet, they
    are just used for internal plumbing.
    I can envision writing some code that reads ASP.NET's site map and outputs a
    dynamic Google site map. That might be cool.

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Jul 9, 2006
  4. JJ

    JJ Guest

    I might do just that....

    I'll let you know how I get on. Incidentally, what are the security concerns
    if you do allow web access to your asp .net sitemap file?

    JJ

    JJ, Jul 9, 2006
  5. As long as it's read-only access I can't think of very many security
    concerns unless you're taking advantage of some of the advanced features
    such as role filtering.

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Jul 9, 2006
  6. JJ

    JJ Guest

    Thats what I thought.

    I've found this code by Bertrand Le Roy
    http://weblogs.asp.net/bleroy/archive/2005/12/02/432188.aspx
    - that generates the google sitemap from the current web.sitemap. It even
    gets the lastmoddate from the physical file if it isn't set.
    I think I'll use something like this to handle Google sitemap, and use the
    asp web.sitemap for generating menus etc.

    JJ

    JJ, Jul 9, 2006
  7. JJ

    JJ Guest

    Actually I think I see what you may mean and what the security concerns
    are....

    If I have limited access pages, should I include them in my web.sitemap
    file?
    If my menu system feeds of my web.sitemap, how could I only show those menu
    items that an authorised user should see.....??

    JJ, Jul 9, 2006
  8. JJ

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Jul 9, 2006