Slideshow display problem

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Luis Veras, Apr 8, 2005.

  1. Luis Veras

    Luis Veras Guest

    I have a slideshow on my main page at www.canvasartists.com.

    Many of my visitors started to complain that on their screen the slideshow
    displays as flashing and/or blinking very quickly, and you can't really
    appreciate the slideshow effect, which is supposed to be a nice crossfade
    between the images.

    I then realized than when viewed at 800x600 or lower it does this. Sometimes
    it also does it at higher resolution, but with your browser window resized
    to less than half of your screen.

    However, I got the script for slideshow from another website which uses the
    exact same code, and when viewed at 800x600 or lower their slideshow
    displays perfectly.

    Could someone please take a look at my code and tell me what could be wrong?

    One thing I noticed, if I remove the box above it (the customers comments
    box), this problem dissappears. But I haven't been able to figure out why.
    Please help!

    Thanks in advance.

    Luis Veras, Apr 8, 2005

  2. Luis Veras

    Luis Veras Guest

    By the way, this only happens in IE, it doesn't happen in Netscape.

    Please help.

    Luis Veras, Apr 8, 2005

  3. Luis Veras

    Nathan Guest

    Nathan, Apr 8, 2005
  4. Luis Veras

    Luis Veras Guest

    Thanks for the link, but it didn't work.

    However, it only occurs in IE, so he may be onto something. I tried
    searching microsoft for any info if this was a "known problem", but couldn't
    find anything.

    I haven't been able to find a solution!! :*(

    Luis Veras, Apr 8, 2005
  5. Luis Veras

    Luis Veras Guest

    I kind of fixed it now.

    I had to remove most of the CSS positioning and replace it with table
    positioning. The blinking/flashing seems to have gone away.

    Luis Veras, Apr 9, 2005