[Slightly OT] Ruby Image

James Edward Gray II

Beautiful! Were they done in povray? Is the source available?

You are welcome to my source file, if you like, but no it wasn't
POV-Ray. I used Carrara 3.

James Edward Gray II

James Edward Gray II

Hello,

these images are really cool. Brilliant look. But would it be possible
for
you to render them again on a white background, such that it is
possible
to include them in light environments. Then we'll miss the cool lense
effects, but maybe you could even try it with a white bottom plate.

Thanks a lot,

I wasn't really happy with any of my "on White" renders. I miss my
"cool lens effects". <laughs>

So, here's an attempt to attack the problem from a different angle:

http://www.grayproductions.net/Ruby/Ruby_Sketch_1.jpg

http://www.grayproductions.net/Ruby/Ruby_Sketch_2.jpg

http://www.grayproductions.net/Ruby/Ruby_Sketch_3.jpg

http://www.grayproductions.net/Ruby/Ruby_Sketch_4.jpg

Hopefully that will give people some more options. I promise to stop
flooding inboxes with image links now.

James Edward Gray II

P.S. If you're curious, yes these are "raytraced".

James Edward Gray II

James, this one would probably make a better model than the images I
posted -- I think the oval shape is more interesting than round.

I saw this after I had built a model, of course.

I've tried to give people a few choices, but if you really need an oval
ruby (or some other ruby image), now or in the future, give me a shout
and I'll see what I can do...

James Edward Gray II

Curt Hibbs

James said:
I saw this after I had built a model, of course.

I've tried to give people a few choices, but if you really need an oval
ruby (or some other ruby image), now or in the future, give me a shout
and I'll see what I can do...

Thank you! Its nice to have some decent alternatives. I'll make sure to
credit you with their creation when I post them to the WhyRuby? repository.

Curt

Martin DeMello

James Edward Gray II said:
You are welcome to my source file, if you like, but no it wasn't
POV-Ray. I used Carrara 3.

Ah well - can't do much with it, then. Great pictures anyway :)

martin