slip beta code released

vpr

Hi All

Just released the code from my little excusion in socket coding with
Python.
I still need many pointers esp wrt. the way I hacked wx into the code.
Comments welcomed.

Quick start
-----------

start up the service: slip.py -s

all hosts running slip will be discovered, to see who else is around:
slip.py -l

debug view: slip.py -la

to send files: slip.py c:\mp3\alphavi* bob

to send a message slip.py -m bob "catch this"

if you use windows you can add an explorer extention by creating a link
to: slip.exe -sendto and adding it to your sendto directory.

if you use explorer you can now "sendto" and a wx window will popup
asking you which peer to send it to.

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/slip-p2p/slip_beta_0.3.zip?download

Regards

Marinus

comments ? (e-mail address removed)

vpr

I forgot to say that this is my little P2P pet project. Need to send
files quickly between systems without having to set up shares or start
ftp servers. The idea is to make it easy to "slip" files between
parties esp if they are on different OS's.