slow page

simonZ

I had my program written in vb and asp.net 1.1.

Then I rewrite my program to asp.net 2.0 and C# - it should be faster.
I also included atlas in my project.

I publish my site (with debug=false in web.config file).
When user clicks on the page, it is opening about 2-3 times slower than in
the past version(even when page does not include atlas - so it's quite the
same as it was).

If I save the page(complete with all scripts), the length of the page is
almost the same as it was in the past version (when page include atlas is
little bigger) - so that shouldn't be a problem.

I guess that the problem is because the atlas is included in the project,
but I'm not sure.
All I'm using from the atlas is atlas update panel and atlas updateProgress.
Should I remove something from my web.config file?

Any idea what could be a problem?

My config file is:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0">

<configSections>

<sectionGroup name="microsoft.web"
type="Microsoft.Web.Configuration.MicrosoftWebSectionGroup">
<section name="converters"
type="Microsoft.Web.Configuration.ConvertersSection"
requirePermission="false"/>
<section name="webServices"
type="Microsoft.Web.Configuration.WebServicesSection"
requirePermission="false"/>
<section name="authenticationService"
type="Microsoft.Web.Configuration.AuthenticationServiceSection"
requirePermission="false"/>
<section name="profileService"
type="Microsoft.Web.Configuration.ProfileServiceSection"
requirePermission="false"/>
</sectionGroup>

</configSections>

<microsoft.web>

<converters>

<add type="Microsoft.Web.Script.Serialization.Converters.DataSetConverter"/>
<add type="Microsoft.Web.Script.Serialization.Converters.DataRowConverter"/>
<add
type="Microsoft.Web.Script.Serialization.Converters.DataTableConverter"/>

</converters>

<webServices enableBrowserAccess="true"/>

</microsoft.web>

<connectionStrings>

<add name="appStrConnection" connectionString="..."
providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

</connectionStrings>

<system.web>

<pages>

<controls>

<add namespace="Microsoft.Web.UI" assembly="Microsoft.Web.Atlas"
tagPrefix="atlas"/>
<add namespace="Microsoft.Web.UI.Controls" assembly="Microsoft.Web.Atlas"
tagPrefix="atlas"/>

</controls>

</pages>

<customErrors mode="Off"></customErrors>

<caching>

<sqlCacheDependency enabled="true" pollTime="300000">

<databases>

<add name="dbC" connectionStringName="appStrConnection"/>

</databases>

</sqlCacheDependency>

</caching>

<compilation debug="false" defaultLanguage="c#">

<assemblies>

<add assembly="System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A" />

</assemblies>

</compilation>

<httpHandlers>

<remove verb="*" path="*.asmx"/>

<add verb="*" path="*.asmx"
type="Microsoft.Web.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory" validate="false"/>
<add verb="*" path="atlasbatchcall.axd"
type="Microsoft.Web.Services.MultiRequestHandler" validate="false"/>
<add verb="*" path="atlasglob.axd"
type="Microsoft.Web.Globalization.GlobalizationHandler" validate="false"/>
<add verb="*" path="*.asbx"
type="Microsoft.Web.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory" validate="false"/>

</httpHandlers>

<httpModules>

<add name="ScriptModule" type="Microsoft.Web.Services.ScriptModule"/>

<add name="BridgeModule" type="Microsoft.Web.Services.BridgeModule"/>

<add name="WebResourceCompression"
type="Microsoft.Web.Services.WebResourceCompressionModule"/>

</httpModules>

<authentication mode="Windows"/>

<globalization requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8"
fileEncoding="utf-8" culture="sl-SI" uiCulture="en" />

</system.web>

</configuration>

regards, S

Me

Turn on tracing, in the application to see where the delay is...you
might need additional trace statements, say in the page load, render
etc

Does the page error?

Me

Turn on tracing, in the application to see where the delay is...you
might need additional trace statements, say in the page load, render
etc

Does the page error?

Aemca

I guess that the problem is because the atlas is included in the project,
but I'm not sure.
All I'm using from the atlas is atlas update panel and atlas
updateProgress.
Should I remove something from my web.config file?

Atlas should add about 300 k in terms of a .js file.
After the first hit this should be cached if it isn't this can cause quite a
delay.