soap errors.

bigbinc

I have setup a soap machine on linux and similar configuration works
properly. on a windows mahcine, I get these erros on the addressbook,
samples, any ideas.

I am pretty sure my classpaths are setup correctly.

using jboss-tomcat engine.

This looks like text formatting issues.

Wrong news group? maybe?

C:\Berlin\JBOSS\soap-bin-2.3.1\soap-2_3_1\samples\addressbook>testit
This test assumes a server URL of
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter
Deploying the addressbook service...
Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException:
faultCode=SOAP-ENV:protocol; msg=Unsu
pported response content type "text/html", must be:
"text/xml&quo
t;. Response was:
]
at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.getEnvelopeString(Call.java:208)
at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:255)
at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod(ServiceManag
erClient.java:129)
at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.deploy(ServiceManagerClie
nt.java:142)
at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient
..java:230)
..
Verify that it's there
Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException:
faultCode=SOAP-ENV:protocol; msg=Unsu
pported response content type "text/html", must be:
"text/xml&quo
t;. Response was:
]
at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.getEnvelopeString(Call.java:208)
at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:255)
at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod(ServiceManag
erClient.java:129)
at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.list(ServiceManagerClient
..java:151)
at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient
..java:237)
..
Getting info for "Mr Good"
Caught SOAPException (SOAP-ENV:protocol): Unsupported response content
type &quo
t;text/html", must be: "text/xml". Response was:

..
Adding "John Doe"
Caught SOAPException (SOAP-ENV:protocol): Unsupported response content
type &quo
t;text/html", must be: "text/xml". Response was:

..
Query "Mr Doe" to make sure it was added
Caught SOAPException (SOAP-ENV:protocol): Unsupported response content
type &quo
t;text/html", must be: "text/xml". Response was:

..
Adding an XML file of listings
Caught SOAPException (SOAP-ENV:protocol): Unsupported response content
type &quo
t;text/html", must be: "text/xml". Response was:

..
Get everyone!
Caught SOAPException (SOAP-ENV:protocol): Unsupported response content
type &quo
t;text/html", must be: "text/xml". Response was:

..
Undeploy it now
Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException:
faultCode=SOAP-ENV:protocol; msg=Unsu
pported response content type "text/html", must be:
"text/xml&quo
t;. Response was:
]
at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.getEnvelopeString(Call.java:208)
at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:255)
at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod(ServiceManag
erClient.java:129)
at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.undeploy(ServiceManagerCl
ient.java:147)
at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient
..java:235)
..
Verify that it's gone
Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException:
faultCode=SOAP-ENV:protocol; msg=Unsu
pported response content type "text/html", must be:
"text/xml&quo
t;. Response was:
]
at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.getEnvelopeString(Call.java:208)
at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:255)
at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod(ServiceManag
erClient.java:129)
at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.list(ServiceManagerClient
..java:151)
at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient
..java:237)

C:\Berlin\JBOSS\soap-bin-2.3.1\soap-2_3_1\samples\addressbook>

Sudsy

bigbinc said:
I have setup a soap machine on linux and similar configuration works
properly. on a windows mahcine, I get these erros on the addressbook,
samples, any ideas.

I am pretty sure my classpaths are setup correctly.

using jboss-tomcat engine.

This looks like text formatting issues.

Wrong news group? maybe?

C:\Berlin\JBOSS\soap-bin-2.3.1\soap-2_3_1\samples\addressbook>testit
This test assumes a server URL of
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter
Deploying the addressbook service...
Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException:
faultCode=SOAP-ENV:protocol; msg=Unsu
pported response content type "text/html", must be:
"text/xml&quo

This tells you exactly where the problem lies: The Content-Type header
(<http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec14.html#sec14.17>) in
the response is being set to "text/html" instead of the expected
"text/xml". As to the solution: sorry, but I don't do Windoze...

bigbinc

I installed soap, set up my classpaths and then ran the samples. On
the linux machines, every thing was fine, on the windows machine I get
the errors below. My thinking is that I shouldnt have to change the
samples, they should just run, but it looks like I have to edit them.

Sudsy said:
bigbinc said:
I have setup a soap machine on linux and similar configuration works
properly. on a windows mahcine, I get these erros on the addressbook,
samples, any ideas.

I am pretty sure my classpaths are setup correctly.

using jboss-tomcat engine.

This looks like text formatting issues.

Wrong news group? maybe?

C:\Berlin\JBOSS\soap-bin-2.3.1\soap-2_3_1\samples\addressbook>testit
This test assumes a server URL of
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter
Deploying the addressbook service...
Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException:
faultCode=SOAP-ENV:protocol; msg=Unsu
pported response content type &quot;text/html&quot;, must be:
&quot;text/xml&quo