SOAP

romain.alnet

Hello,

I have to use SOAP for a project and I am new with this.

I have an Ipaq H6300 running windows mobility 2003.
With this PDA I have to capture some signals over bluetooth.
To this signal I need to add some information as name, date, notes...
I think to write this client in C# (because I didn't find any good JVM
for this OS).
Then I need to send this to a server over GPRS using SOAP.
Here I think to use a server Tomcat with Axis and a JDBC connector to
store the data in a mysql DB.
So I have write a webservice to receive and store the data and send a
reply if the operation was made properly or failed.
Now I have some questions:
1-Is it ok to communicate between .net and Axis web service?
2-Am I right using Tomcat and Axis for what I need to do?
3-I need all this to have a minimum of security, how to handle that
with webservices?
4-Then once the signal is stored on the database it needs to be
analysed automaticly with a software specific to the data type, how do
I implement this in my architecture and what do I use(ejb,
servlet...)???

Thanks for your help,

best regards,

Romain