SOME DIFFERENT KIND OF SELECTION SORTING OF ARRAY.

ANSHUL

PLEASE PROVIDE ME D SOLUTION CODE FOR DIS PROBLEM.

SELECTION SORT IS BASED ON D FOLLOWING IDEA:
SELECTING D LARGEST ARRAY ELEMENT AND SWAPPING IT WITH THE LAST ARRAY
ELEMENT LEAVES AN UNSORTED LIST WHOSE SIZE IS I LESS THAN THE SIZE OF
ORIGINAL LIST. IF V REPEAT THIS STEP AGAIN ON D UNSORTED LIST V WILL
HAVE AN ORDERED LIST OF SIZE 2 AND UNORDERED LIST SIZE OF N-2(N IS D
TOTAL NUMBER OF ARRAY ELEMENTS).WHEN WE REPEAT THIS UNTIL THE SIZE OF
THE UNSORTED LIST BECOMES ONE, THE RESULT WILL BE A SORTED LIST.

WRITE A PROGRAM IN C LANGUAGE TO IMPLEMENT THIS ALGORITHM.
PLZ , GIVE A SIMPLE LOGICAL CODE.

Tobias Witek

ANSHUL said:
PLEASE PROVIDE ME D SOLUTION CODE FOR DIS PROBLEM.

SELECTION SORT IS BASED ON D FOLLOWING IDEA:
SELECTING D LARGEST ARRAY ELEMENT AND SWAPPING IT WITH THE LAST ARRAY
ELEMENT LEAVES AN UNSORTED LIST WHOSE SIZE IS I LESS THAN THE SIZE OF
ORIGINAL LIST. IF V REPEAT THIS STEP AGAIN ON D UNSORTED LIST V WILL
HAVE AN ORDERED LIST OF SIZE 2 AND UNORDERED LIST SIZE OF N-2(N IS D
TOTAL NUMBER OF ARRAY ELEMENTS).WHEN WE REPEAT THIS UNTIL THE SIZE OF
THE UNSORTED LIST BECOMES ONE, THE RESULT WILL BE A SORTED LIST.

WRITE A PROGRAM IN C LANGUAGE TO IMPLEMENT THIS ALGORITHM.
PLZ , GIVE A SIMPLE LOGICAL CODE.

1. don't shout, it hurts my ears.
2. rephrased, you want us to perform your homework.

santosh

ANSHUL said:
PLEASE PROVIDE ME D SOLUTION
[snipped rest of the brawling]

By convention all uppercase text signifies shouting, so in future,
refrain from it if you want helpful responses.

Also provide the email of your course instructor, so that we may save
you the hassle and mail the answer to him/her directly.

Seriously though, this group won't do your homework for you. Try
atleast a partial attempt at solving your problem and post your code
here and we'll be more than happy to help you, but with this attitude,
you likely wont get any helpful responses.

osmium

ANSHUL said:
SELECTION SORT IS BASED ON D FOLLOWING IDEA:
SELECTING D LARGEST ARRAY ELEMENT AND SWAPPING IT WITH THE LAST ARRAY
ELEMENT LEAVES AN UNSORTED LIST WHOSE SIZE IS I LESS THAN THE SIZE OF
ORIGINAL LIST. IF V REPEAT THIS STEP AGAIN ON D UNSORTED LIST V WILL
HAVE AN ORDERED LIST OF SIZE 2 AND UNORDERED LIST SIZE OF N-2(N IS D
TOTAL NUMBER OF ARRAY ELEMENTS).WHEN WE REPEAT THIS UNTIL THE SIZE OF
THE UNSORTED LIST BECOMES ONE, THE RESULT WILL BE A SORTED LIST.

Why would you want someone else to write the code for you? What would be
gained? The question seems about as clear as a question can be, ignoring
what I suspect is the distortion you introduced yourself. There are just a
few main steps: create an array, fill the array (with a set of test data),
sort the array, and print the array (to show the sort actually worked). If
you create an array in main you could have three functions as suggested
above. You may want to have the sort function call additional functions -
its your choice. It would be a good idea to (also) print the array as soon
as you have it filled with data to see if the fill worked.

If you have been taught recursion, it might be helpful in writing the sort -
if not do it whatever way seems natural to you.

If you can't do the whole thing, start and post code showing how far you
got.

Mark McIntyre

WRITE A PROGRAM IN C LANGUAGE TO IMPLEMENT THIS ALGORITHM.
PLZ , GIVE A SIMPLE LOGICAL CODE.

Fortran programmer?

--
Mark McIntyre

--Brian Kernighan

Mark McIntyre

PLEASE PROVIDE ME D SOLUTION CODE FOR DIS PROBLEM.

SELECTION SORT IS BASED ON D FOLLOWING IDEA:
SELECTING D LARGEST ARRAY ELEMENT AND SWAPPING IT WITH THE LAST ARRAY
ELEMENT LEAVES AN UNSORTED LIST WHOSE SIZE IS I LESS THAN THE SIZE OF
ORIGINAL LIST. IF V REPEAT THIS STEP AGAIN ON D UNSORTED LIST V WILL
HAVE AN ORDERED LIST OF SIZE 2 AND UNORDERED LIST SIZE OF N-2(N IS D
TOTAL NUMBER OF ARRAY ELEMENTS).WHEN WE REPEAT THIS UNTIL THE SIZE OF
THE UNSORTED LIST BECOMES ONE, THE RESULT WILL BE A SORTED LIST.

WRITE A PROGRAM IN C LANGUAGE TO IMPLEMENT THIS ALGORITHM.
PLZ , GIVE A SIMPLE LOGICAL CODE.

Anshul.
Firstly please write in sentence-case if possible, when posting to
usenet. Most people find ALL UPPER CASE hard to read, and by
convention it is considered to be shouting (ie you are being rude).

Secondly please don't use abbreviations such as D for the, PLS for
please, DIS for this or V for we. The programming community here
values correctness, and poorly spelt messages often come from badly
organized minds.

Lastly, do not expect people to write your code for you. You should
make an effort to write it yourself, then when you are stuck with a
problem, ask for specific help.

--
Mark McIntyre

--Brian Kernighan

Thomas J. Gritzan

ANSHUL said:
PLEASE PROVIDE ME D SOLUTION CODE FOR DIS PROBLEM.

SELECTION SORT IS BASED ON D FOLLOWING IDEA:
SELECTING D LARGEST ARRAY ELEMENT AND SWAPPING IT WITH THE LAST ARRAY
ELEMENT LEAVES AN UNSORTED LIST WHOSE SIZE IS I LESS THAN THE SIZE OF
ORIGINAL LIST. IF V REPEAT THIS STEP AGAIN ON D UNSORTED LIST V WILL
HAVE AN ORDERED LIST OF SIZE 2 AND UNORDERED LIST SIZE OF N-2(N IS D
TOTAL NUMBER OF ARRAY ELEMENTS).WHEN WE REPEAT THIS UNTIL THE SIZE OF
THE UNSORTED LIST BECOMES ONE, THE RESULT WILL BE A SORTED LIST.

WRITE A PROGRAM IN C LANGUAGE TO IMPLEMENT THIS ALGORITHM.
PLZ , GIVE A SIMPLE LOGICAL CODE.

Here is it:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <ctype.h>

int main()
{
int c;
while ((c = getchar()) != EOF)
putchar(tolower(c));

Jack Klein

PLEASE PROVIDE ME D SOLUTION CODE FOR DIS PROBLEM.

SELECTION SORT IS BASED ON D FOLLOWING IDEA:
SELECTING D LARGEST ARRAY ELEMENT AND SWAPPING IT WITH THE LAST ARRAY
ELEMENT LEAVES AN UNSORTED LIST WHOSE SIZE IS I LESS THAN THE SIZE OF
ORIGINAL LIST. IF V REPEAT THIS STEP AGAIN ON D UNSORTED LIST V WILL
HAVE AN ORDERED LIST OF SIZE 2 AND UNORDERED LIST SIZE OF N-2(N IS D
TOTAL NUMBER OF ARRAY ELEMENTS).WHEN WE REPEAT THIS UNTIL THE SIZE OF
THE UNSORTED LIST BECOMES ONE, THE RESULT WILL BE A SORTED LIST.

WRITE A PROGRAM IN C LANGUAGE TO IMPLEMENT THIS ALGORITHM.
PLZ , GIVE A SIMPLE LOGICAL CODE.

PLZ, PICK UP D LARGE HAMMER AND HIT URSELF IN D HEAD. V ARE WAITING.

Bill Pursell

Ian said:
Ah, that explains it, I thought he/she was a Teletype user...

I figured he was following the strupr thread and was excited
to get the code to work.

John F

Bill said:
I figured he was following the strupr thread and was excited
to get the code to work.

He almost got it to work, but it still mangles some of the shorter
words... still a lot of work to do on it as it seems...

Mark McIntyre

On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 06:46:18 GMT, in comp.lang.c ,
I believe V prefer live prey.

Ah, that takes me back.
Robert Englund in a role other than Freddy.
--
Mark McIntyre

--Brian Kernighan