sound processing modules in python - anyone?

sittner

Hi everyone,
I'm looking for a module for sound processing (manipulating sound objets,
filters, ffts etc.).
I tried Snack, but when i downloaded the package that was supposed to be
for python, there was only the Tk/Tcl stuff (where's the .py ?).
could anyone help me with that (or with any other sound module for python)?
thanks in advance,

marc.wyburn

I've had a brief look at this and there isn't a sound orientated
library as such. You can however use numpy to do stuff like FFTs and
there are there is a wave module in python that will allow you to
create wavs, you can google for importing wav's into numpy arrays.
This seemed like a good idea to me as I think Numpy is written in C or
C++ (or maybe it was fortran). There seem to be a lot of people using
numpy in a similar way to matlab so there is a fair ammount of the
standard DSP routines have already been written.

marc.wyburn

I've had a brief look at this and there isn't a sound orientated
library as such. You can however use numpy to do stuff like FFTs and
there are there is a wave module in python that will allow you to
create wavs, you can google for importing wav's into numpy arrays.
This seemed like a good idea to me as I think Numpy is written in C or
C++ (or maybe it was fortran). There seem to be a lot of people using
numpy in a similar way to matlab so there is a fair ammount of the
standard DSP routines have already been written.

Christian Aastorp

Hi everyone,
I'm looking for a module for sound processing (manipulating sound objets,
filters, ffts etc.).
I tried Snack, but when i downloaded the package that was supposed to be
for python, there was only the Tk/Tcl stuff (where's the .py ?).
could anyone help me with that (or with any other sound module for python)?
thanks in advance,

Here is the download page, listing Python (only version 2.3 though).
The source is available from the same page.

Or maybe, from comp.lang.python.announce:
An early beta of the csound routine library is out with another
version to follow soon after. The csound library is a group of
routines to minipulate .csd and .orc .sco .src (shortened orc format)
combine delete exc.

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=156455