Special characters

Excel User

Hi,

I have a field that contains special characters (', % etc) the ' causes
problems because it messes up the SQL insert/update command, what is the
best way to deal with this, I tried encode but then the entry in the DB is
not correct?

Thanks for any advice.

Bob Barrows

Excel said:
Hi,

I have a field that contains special characters (', % etc) the '
causes problems because it messes up the SQL insert/update command,
what is the best way to deal with this, I tried encode but then the
entry in the DB is not correct?

Thanks for any advice.

Use parameters. See:

Personally, I prefer using stored procedures, or saved parameter queries
as they are known in Access:

Access:
http://www.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&[email protected]

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=...=1&[email protected]