specifying responseencoding

Krishna

I have a asp.net page in which i have set the responseencoding
="WINDOWS-1252" it converts all the characters displayed from UTF-8 to
WINDOWS-1252. but i need to use WINDOWS-1252 as encoding type to post a data
to a server, but the display should remain in UTF-8. Like display all the
controls in UTF-8 when i click a button i need to convert the data from UTF-8
to WINDOWS-1252 and post the data to server during postback is that possible?

Dan

Krishna said:
I have a asp.net page in which i have set the responseencoding
="WINDOWS-1252" it converts all the characters displayed from UTF-8 to
WINDOWS-1252. but i need to use WINDOWS-1252 as encoding type to post a
data
to a server, but the display should remain in UTF-8. Like display all the
controls in UTF-8 when i click a button i need to convert the data from
UTF-8
to WINDOWS-1252 and post the data to server during postback is that
possible?

Look into the accept-charset attribute of the form element - this should, in
theory, allow you to have the HTML character set as UTF-8 but force the
browser to submit the form using WINDOWS-1252. However, I've never actually
had the need to try this in any web application I've built, so I don't know
how widely this attribute is supported by browsers.

You might also have better luck in a .net related newsgroup - this
particular group is for "classic" ASP (ie ASP versions 1.x, 2.x, 3.x) and
not for ASP.Net. A better group is probably
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet or one of it's "child" groups.