speech integration into mobile application

neeraj agrawal via .NET 247

(Type your message here)

--------------------------------
From: neeraj agrawal

I have written smart device application for PDA's using C#.NET.
I wish to integrate speech functionality into it.
I am not sure whether to use SpeechSDK5.1 or .Net Speech SDK for this
Could anybody tell me where to start. What api's to use.
I would appreciate if somebody could tell me where could I find some examples and tutorials to do this.

thanks
neeraj

Jean-Luc David [MS-MVP]

Hi Neeraj,

Here is a transcript of a public chat with the software development lead and
the program manager of the .NET Compact Framework:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/chats/embedded/embedded_011504.asp

According to the information presented, it appears you can obtain a licence
for a SAPI compliant engine from ScanSoft (http://www.scansoft.com)
(albeit at a great cost). Here is a direct link to their products page:
http://www.scansoft.com/embedded/default.asp

A SAPI-compliant engine is also available from Elan
(http://www.elanspeech.com/)
Check out the Elan Tempo PocketSpeech SDK for StrongARM and test out
the great TTS demos on the website.

Thanks,
Jean-Luc David
Microsoft .NET MVP