Speech Web Application

Guest

Dear all,

I have developed a voice-enabled web application on Win2003 using SASDK Beta 3 using VisualStudio.NET. In order to access this web application the browser must add the speech plug-in component. Some of the users who are accessing this voice-enabled web application doesn't have a speech plug-in installed in their machine, somehow I have to identify whether the speech plug-in is installed in their system or not by using Javascript and intimate the user to install the Plug-in. could anyone help on this.

Regards,
Sateesh

Arthur Nesterovsky

Hi,
somehow I have to identify whether the speech plug-in is installed in their
system or not by using Javascript and intimate the user to install the
Plug-in. could anyone help on this.

If this is a real plug-in you can use window.navigator.pugins collection in
JScript/IE 4+ (I'm not sure about pure JavaScript, but it seems also has
something equal).

For ActiveX object I suggest to use <OBJECT> element:
http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/objects.html#edef-OBJECT
It will install missing object.