Splitting a Solution into Multiple Projects

DLG

We currently have an ASP.Net app that consists of one solution containing
one project. There is code in the project that I would like to be able to
use in other applications. Should I move this code into a separate project,
if so how do I do this OR is there some other way. By the way this is all
stored in Visual Source Safe and I am using VS.Net 2003.

TIA
Dean

Kivak Wolf

I would say just copy the files, make sure you don't have any broken
links, check to make sure all the inheritance in working correctly and
you should have a problem.

Kivak Wolf

Elliot M. Rodriguez

"There is code in the project that I would like to be able to use in
other applications."

Consider creating a separate class library for it with its own source
control tree, and use project references for the other web projects that
use this shared code. You will minimize versioning problems this way.

The Team Development with Visual Sourcesafe Patterns/Practices PDF on
MS's website devotes a very good chapter to this.

tsteinke

Can you post a link to this PDF I am a net ASP.NET developer and I am
struggling with a lot of these best practices issues.