Splitting text from a database table

Tux

I have some text which I have extracted from a database table, this contains
embedded CR/LF pairs, i.e. \r\n.

I would like to split the text into separate strings, breaking at the CR/LF
pair, but I just cannot work out how to do it. Would anybody take pity on a
newbie and give me a clue.

--
Colin Walls
Email: (e-mail address removed)

Greg Bacon

:
: I would like to split the text into separate strings, breaking at the
: CR/LF pair, but I just cannot work out how to do it. Would anybody
: take pity on a newbie and give me a clue.

What have you tried? Why not something such as the following?

@lines = split /\r\n/, $chunk;

Hope this helps,
Greg