sql server 7 + asp.net 2.0 vs asp

Joined
Aug 1, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi all

This is my first post here, so forgive me if I'm doing something dumb.

I have a connection string:
provider=SQLOLEDB;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=user;Initial Catalog=cat;Data Source=server.com;pwd=user

that works in asp, we use it all the time, but it does not work in asp.net. the server is sql server 7; we don't have access to the sql server. however, we have another sql server 7 that does work in asp.net.

any thought on what could be the deal, if a setting in sql server that could somehow affect asp.net but not asp?

Thanks
Neil