SQLite and Ruby DLL problem

Omar Campos

Hello all,

I am trying to get Ruby to work with SQLite under Windows. I
installed the Sqlite-ruby gem, but whenever I do this:

require 'sqlite'

I get an error saying that sqlite.dll was not found. I have downloaded
de SQLite DLL, and placed it in the Windows folder, the system32 folder
and inside
C:\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.8\gems\sqlite-ruby-2.2.3-x86-mswin32\lib.

But the error persists. Where must I place this DLL to get SQLite to
work?

Thanks for any info.

Omar Campos

Luis said:
You should not put the DLL inside the gem folder structure.

Please follow the instructions as I commented in a previous post.

Hi again,

I finally got it to work, but had to do a clean ruby install. I
copied the dll, def and sqlite.exe files to th ruby bin directory, and
after some more internet digging, I found a post about ruby searching
for extensions in the bin folder, and to run the script outside that
directory. After doing so, it worked correctly, I was even able to do
"rake db:create" for a Rails test app. Thanks for all your help.