Ruby sqlite/gem error: Could not load sqlite adapter

jhs408

The sample "c:\tmp'Test_sqlite.rb" generates the error: Could not
load sqlite adapter,
Yet, when the example is executed in the sqlite3-ruby directory, no
error occur.

Any suggestion or changes to the sample to resolve the error.

Thanks for the help,
John
------------------------------------
Windows XP SP3
Using ruby 1.8.7, gem 1.3.2, sqlite3-ruby 1.2.4, sqlite3
product
Environment set: RUBYOPT=rubygems
PATH=c:\tools\sqlite3 ...

-----running sample----> c:\tmp\test_sqlite.rb --------------
require 'sequel'
DB = Sequel.sqlite("test-sequel.db")
# create an items table
DB.create_table :items do
primary_key :id
column :name, :text
column :price, :float
end
# create a dataset from the items table
items = DB[:items]
# populate the table
items << {:name => 'abc', :price => rand * 100}
items << {:name => 'def', :price => rand * 100}
items << {:name => 'ghi', :price => rand * 100}
# print out the number of records
puts "Item count: #{ items.count }"
# print out the records in descending order by price
items.reverse_order:)price).print
# print out the average price
puts "The average price is: #{ items.avg :price }"