SQLServer SessionState Testing

spgmbl

I have set up the local environment to use sqlserver mode testing.

The article i followed to install was here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317604

I also changed the value in the web.config file per article.

However, i am not sure what to look for to help me verify and validate
this is working correctly. I've sifted for articles on
suggestions/ideas as to how this is working.. but have been unlucky
with my search.

I did not want to assume, just coz the app is functioning the way it
is, that it is, without any sort of testing.
Can anyone give me test idea that will help me validate that this is
working?

Also, my main goal, is to make sure the values, in an arraylist, and a
hashtable in the app that i used to store in sessionstate (server
method), was still being used correctly.

Juan T. Llibre

re:
my main goal, is to make sure the values, in an arraylist, and a
hashtable in the app that i used to store in sessionstate (server
method), was still being used correctly.

Wouldn't a simple "check to see if the values are there" suffice ?

Retrieving the values in session("whatever") and testing
for the presence of your values should not be too difficult.

Am I missing something here ?

si e wong

I did do a test with the appliation, and I was being paranoid I wasn't
testing it correctly, or wasn't testing it enough.

But you're right, I thought about it too, and figured the most I can do
is to retrieve the values off the session and step through or write out
whats been stored and set.

:) Thanks for your attention.