Stack overflow goodness

Richard Cornford

Please tell me it is a joke!

It is a joke. The desire to justify your decisions (in this case to
use JQuery) by engaging in propagandist proselytizing to get others to
follow suite may be strong, but suggesting a JQuery plug-in in order
to perform basic math is far too obviously silly to be an example of
that.

Richard.

Ry Nohryb

It is a joke. The desire to justify your decisions (in this case to
use JQuery) by engaging in propagandist proselytizing to get others to
follow suite may be strong, but suggesting a JQuery plug-in in order
to perform basic math is far too obviously silly to be an example of
that.

There's a plugin for that.

So in JQuery 0.1 + 0.2 === 0.3, unlike in JavaScript.

Richard Cornford

There's a plugin for that.

So in JQuery 0.1 + 0.2 === 0.3, unlike in JavaScript.

And then if you do - ( 1 / 3 ) -, will the answer be 'correct' or just
an approximation? If all you have done is move the points where
approximations are necessary in the representations of numbers then
which problem does that solve?

Richard.

Scott Sauyet

And then if you do - ( 1 / 3 ) -, will the answer be 'correct' or just
an approximation? If all you have done is move the points where
approximations are necessary in the representations of numbers then
which problem does that solve?

Although I don't want to speak for Jorge, I'm pretty sure this was
just a continuation of the joke on the page under discussion.

But perhaps jQuery works best on trinary computers and (1 / 3) is
exact! :)

-- Scott

Ry Nohryb

Perfectly exact, of course. EJohn's JSMath_BagOfTricks, that was it,
iirc. The plugin simply patches the FPU.
Although I don't want to speak for Jorge, I'm pretty sure this was
just a continuation of the joke on the page under discussion.

No no, no kidding. Google for it.
But perhaps jQuery works best on trinary computers and (1 / 3) is
exact!  :)

:)