Start program with excel from "MS Visual Studio"

Zero

Hi C-community!

How do I start the program
MyProg.exe with the parameter "Tuesday 2006",
which can be found in the folder "Microsoft Visual Studio"?

I want to use the function excel from process.h!

Does anybody have a solution??

Thanks for your help!

Vladimir S. Oka

Zero said:
Hi C-community!

How do I start the program
MyProg.exe with the parameter "Tuesday 2006",
which can be found in the folder "Microsoft Visual Studio"?

Even if this was topical, you did not provide enough information for
someone to help you. Ask yourself: "on what disk is this application of
mine?"
I want to use the function excel from process.h!

These are non-standard. You'd better ask in one of the M$ groups.

For a standard, but still non portable way, look up `system()`
function:

#include <stdlib.h>

system("d:\path\dir\MyProg.exe \"Tuesday 2006\"");

Zero

Thanks for your help!

Problem with system:

The console which is opened when running system is visible while the
started program is running.

Vladimir Oka

Zero said:
Thanks for your help!

You're welcome, but please quote context. Usenet is not a message board
(regradless of what Google shows), and not all the messages are visible
to all the users all the time.

If posting from Google, click Show Options, and then Reply that becomes
visible.
Problem with system:

The console which is opened when running system is visible while the
started program is running.

As I said, you'll have to ask in the group dealing with your system.
Here, only Standard C (as defined by ISO/ANSI) is discussed.

arun

You can use any of the functions from the exec family. It seems better
to use execlp for your case. I think the microsoft visual studio's
library provides the standard exec functions themselves. Read the msdn
entry for the execlp. You can supply the arguments in the call itself.

CBFalconer

arun said:
You can use any of the functions from the exec family. It seems
better to use execlp for your case. I think the microsoft visual
studio's library provides the standard exec functions themselves.
Read the msdn entry for the execlp. You can supply the arguments
in the call itself.

Whatever you are talking about it is virtually incomprehensible
lacking context. However there are no such things as "standard
exec functions" in C. The closest thing is the system function.
Microsofts library has nothing to do with standard C, and is
off-topic here.

To post reasonable messages with reasonable quoted context, see my
sig. below.