Static Classes in Web Applications

thomson

Hi All,
Can any one tell me the demerits of using static classes in
Web Application,what is the scope of this kind of class

Thanks in Advance

Thomson

Gustavo Ringel

if you think about static classes like the Math class you can use it in all
your Web application if you need to. The same idea is for a Static class
that you can develop. There are no demerits for this...

In general i use static class for utilitary clasess like getting a
personalized Date Format, because I don't want to be creating instances of
this classes for a simple activity.

Gustavo.

Eliyahu Goldin

The application scope. Meaning multiple user sessions will be accessing the
same data.

Onwuka Emeka

some gotcha's though when using static classes and variables in ASP.net
http://onwuka.blogspot.com/2006/01/static-varibles-in-aspnet_28.html

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer & Consultant

thomson said:
Hi All,
Can any one tell me the demerits of using static classes in
Web Application,what is the scope of this kind of class

Thanks in Advance

Thomson

thomson

Yeah application scope is Multiple users accessing the application, ok,
when i call a page in that i called a static class, so u trigger the
class to be in the heap [guess], so it wont be affected by any garbage.
So when another user access the same application whether we are
accessing the same