Status of Interbase/Firebird interface

Cristi BALAN

Can someone please clarify the situatiuon regarding
the interface to the Interbase database:

A) Which is the current version?

- On ruby-lang.org, there is rather old v0.03
http://raa.ruby-lang.org/list.rhtml?name=interbase

- I've found a site claiming to have a new v0.05
http://www.rowlandresearch.com/ruby/

B) Does it work with Firebird 1.5?

C) Does it support all/some character sets supported by Firebird?

Regards,
Peter Jacobi

Searching for ruby firebird sql on google brought up this page:
http://www1.uk.freebsd.org/ports/ruby.html

All fb related listed packages require fb1.5, so you should be ok. I
haven't tried any of them since i'm barely starting on ruby so please
post back with results.

Cristi BALAN