Strange debugging

blackbolek

Hi,

I have a project on MS Visual C++ (Developer Studio). It's already
written program which I overtaken and now I have to find out how it
works (documentation is very bad). I tried to use Debugger, but when I
hit F11 to run 1 instruction, debugger shows me code (grey colour)
which looks like assembler or something.
Here is example how it looks:

00427B75 mov ebp,esp
00427B77 push 0FFh
00427B79 push 44E618h
00427B7E push 42AFB8h
00427B83 mov eax,fs:[00000000]
00427B89 push eax
00427B8A mov dword ptr fs:[0],esp
..
..

Does anybody know what should I do to see instructions in C++ instead
of this ? I changed project and debug settings but it didn't help.
Thanks for help.

Kris

mlimber

blackbolek said:
Hi,

I have a project on MS Visual C++ (Developer Studio). It's already
written program which I overtaken and now I have to find out how it
works (documentation is very bad). I tried to use Debugger, but when I
hit F11 to run 1 instruction, debugger shows me code (grey colour)
which looks like assembler or something.
Here is example how it looks:

00427B75 mov ebp,esp
00427B77 push 0FFh
00427B79 push 44E618h
00427B7E push 42AFB8h
00427B83 mov eax,fs:[00000000]
00427B89 push eax
00427B8A mov dword ptr fs:[0],esp
.
.

Does anybody know what should I do to see instructions in C++ instead
of this ? I changed project and debug settings but it didn't help.
Thanks for help.

You should post in microsoft.public.vc.language. This forum is for
platform-independent questions related to the C++ language. But perhaps
you are compiled in release mode (no debugging info) or are in a system
call.

Cheers! --M