Strange Firefox and IE work

dskrizhewsky

Hello,

I have the following algorithm

1. Show message DIV

2. Long Loop Function

3. Hide message DIV

Opera shows DIV well. Firefox and IE don't show the DIV.
If to rewrite the algorithm like this Firefox and IE will show DIV

1. setTimeout(Long Loop Function,500)
2. Show message DIV

I also tried to debug the first algorithm in Firebug, and in step by
step mode I see that Firefox shows the DIVs.

Is it standart behaviour? What prevents browsers from showing the DIV?

Lee

(e-mail address removed) said:
Hello,

I have the following algorithm

1. Show message DIV

2. Long Loop Function

3. Hide message DIV

Opera shows DIV well. Firefox and IE don't show the DIV.
If to rewrite the algorithm like this Firefox and IE will show DIV

1. setTimeout(Long Loop Function,500)
2. Show message DIV

I also tried to debug the first algorithm in Firebug, and in step by
step mode I see that Firefox shows the DIVs.

Is it standart behaviour? What prevents browsers from showing the DIV?

Yes, that's expected from graphical user interfaces in general.
While script or other code is running, the GUI doesn't get any
CPU cycles to update the display.