strange note in fcntl docs

John Lenton

In the fnctl docs for both python 2.3 and 2.4 there is a note at the
bottom that says

The os.open() function supports locking flags and is available on
a wider variety of platforms than the lockf() and flock()
functions, providing a more platform-independent file locking
facility.

however, in neither of those versions does os.open support any kind of
mysterious "locking flags", nor is there any reference in os to any
kind of locking magic (nor do any C open()s I know of support any kind
of locking semantics). The note seems bogus; am I missing something,
or should it be elided?

--
John Lenton ([email protected]) -- Random fortune:
Are Linux users lemmings collectively jumping off of the cliff of