Strange problem executing

Marcelo

Hi everybody,

What does this execution problem means?

*** glibc detected *** corrupted double-linked list: 0x083c3538 ***

thanks a lot,

Marcelo

Luke Meyers

Marcelo said:
Hi everybody,

What does this execution problem means?

*** glibc detected *** corrupted double-linked list: 0x083c3538 ***

In all likelihood, it is one of the many possible manifestations of
undefined behavior. If this is the only error message you got, and you
have no idea where it may originate, you have my sympathies. It would
be a lot easier to solve if you had a backtrace or core file, or repro
steps, or a general idea of what the program was doing when the error
arose.

Luke

Marcelo

I see,

I was trying to transpose a matrix, is it possible to have this error for an
out-of-bounds exception?

thanks,

Marcelo

?

=?iso-8859-1?q?Stephan_Br=F6nnimann?=

I see,

I was trying to transpose a matrix, is it possible to have this error for an
out-of-bounds exception?

Yes and no:
No: it is not because an exception is thrown, instead
Yes: its most likely because you write outside the bounds of your
matrix thus corrupting the double-linked list: node->next->previous !=
node.

Stephan

Daniel T.

Marcelo said:
Hi everybody,

What does this execution problem means?

*** glibc detected *** corrupted double-linked list: 0x083c3538 ***

thanks a lot,

Marcelo

You probably assigned something to an invalid pointer somewhere in your
program.