Strange thing with method lookup

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Michel Demazure, Jun 14, 2010.

  1. It happens in a quite complex fxruby application, and I am not able to
    extract it in a simpler form.

    I have a utility function on Fixnum, say 'foo'. When I define it by

    module MyMod
    class ::Fixnum
    def foo ; ... ; end
    end

    everything works. When I define it by

    class Fixnum
    def foo ; ... ; end
    end
    module MyMod

    the thread which calls it hangs silently. It happens with this method
    alone, I have other methods on Fixnum, Array, Hash ... which do not care
    which way I define them.

    This is ruby 1.9.1-p.378 and fxruby-1.6.20 on WindowsXP (mingw).

    Ideas ?

    Michel Demazure, Jun 14, 2010