String to unicode - duplicating by function the effect of u prefix

CiTro

I'm looking for a way to convert a string to it's unicode "brother".

This means:

stringOne = "\u0026"
stringTwo = u"\u0026"

print unicode(stringOne) == stringTwo

The result is false. What function should I use, to duplicate the
effect of the "u" prefix ?

Peter Otten

CiTro said:
I'm looking for a way to convert a string to it's unicode "brother".

This means:

stringOne = "\u0026"
stringTwo = u"\u0026"

print unicode(stringOne) == stringTwo

The result is false. What function should I use, to duplicate the
effect of the "u" prefix ?

"\u..." has a special meaning only in unicode, not string literals:
True

Peter