String was not recognized as a valid DateTime

Patrick Olurotimi Ige

I moved some projects to another server and using the code below i get
the error:-

"String was not recognized as a valid DateTime"

<asp:Label runat="server" width="40%" text='
<%#
DateTime.Parse(DataBinder.Eval(Container,"DataItem.dt").ToString()).ToSh
ortDateString()%>' id="Label6">

Patrick Olurotimi Ige

Well folks...
I added:-
culture="en-US"
to the globalization in Web.Config and did the trick

<globalization
requestEncoding="utf-8"
responseEncoding="utf-8"
culture="en-US"
/>

Guest

Hi Patrick,

If you just use DataBinder.Eval(Container,"DataItem.dt").ToString() is
anything displayed?

If it is, I would be checking that the date format matches your Regional
Settings (System Account). If you are using SQL I’d also be checking that
the collation of the new server/database is the same as your old one.

Brad.

Brock Allen

<asp:Label runat="server" width="40%" text='
<%#
DateTime.Parse(DataBinder.Eval(Container,"DataItem.dt").ToString()).To
Sh
ortDateString()%>' id="Label6">

Why don't you just do this instead:

<%# ((DateTime)DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "dt")).ToShortDateString()
%>