System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime

RSH

I am having a bit of trouble filling a datatable with a query. I'm getting
the error message:

System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime. at
System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles
styles) at System.DateTime.Parse(String s, IFormatProvider provider,
DateTimeStyles styles) at System.DateTime.Parse(String s, IFormatProvider
provider) at System.Convert.ToDateTime(String value, IFormatProvider
provider) at System.String.System.IConvertible.ToDateTime(IFormatProvider
provider) at System.Convert.ToDateTime(Object value) at
System.Data.Common.DateTimeStorage.Set(Int32 record, Object value) at
System.Data.DataColumn.set_Item(Int32 record, Object value)Couldn't store <>
in InstallationDate Column. Expected type is DateTime.

The problem is that the tables are arrived at dynamically and the code
cycles through the tables one by one and outputs the datatables at the end
of each. How can I have it ignore the offending information dynamically
before causing the error. If the tables were known in advance I could write
a where clause but since it is all dynamica I dont have the information to
create a where clause.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
RSH

Private Sub ShowAccessTableStructure()

Dim objDS As DataSet = New DataSet

Dim objDT1 As DataTable

Dim strDisplay As String

Dim i As Integer

Dim strTablename As String

Dim dc As DataColumn

Dim cn As String

Dim cdt As String

Dim objConn As OleDbConnection = New
OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
Source=D:\Intranet\Data\Intranet.mdb")

Dim objConn2 As OleDbConnection = New
OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
Source=D:\Intranet\Data\Intranet.mdb")

objConn.Open()

objConn2.Open()

objDT1 =
objConn.GetOleDbSchemaTable(System.Data.OleDb.OleDbSchemaGuid.Tables, New
Object() {Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing})

For i = 0 To objDT1.Rows.Count - 1

DisplayArea.Text += "<table border=0 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0><tr><td
bgcolor='#000000'><table border=0 cellpadding=3 cellspacing=1>"

strTablename = objDT1.Rows(i).Item(2)

Dim objDA2 As OleDbDataAdapter = New OleDbDataAdapter("SELECT * FROM [" &
strTablename & "]", objConn2)

objDA2.Fill(objDS, "DBRows")

For Each dc In objDS.Tables("DBRows").Columns

cn = dc.ColumnName

Next

Next

objConn2.Close()

objConn.Close()

End Sub

Joined
Oct 23, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
DateTime Format Exception

May be culture setting issue see following
urenjoy.blogspot.com/2009/03/string-to-datetime-formatexception-and.html