strptime() workaround for windows

justin

strptime() is not supported by windows, only by unix systems. Does
anyone know something that I can use in place of this function for
windows?

thanks!

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Erik_Wikstr=F6m?=

strptime() is not supported by windows, only by unix systems. Does
anyone know something that I can use in place of this function for
windows?

Not sure of the exact differences but strftime seems to be close, and a
bit safer too.

Robert Bauck Hamar

Erik said:
Not sure of the exact differences but strftime seems to be close, and a
bit safer too.

strptime is the inverse of strftime. I suggest you ask in a group for
windows programming, or search for a usable implementation (glibc has one,
I believe). There are lots of POSIX libraries for Windows, I believe
Microsoft also has one.