Struts ActionForm set methods not being executed

PERCIVAL BRAGG

I have a regular html form, no struts tags, triggering a struts action on
submission. Within the form there are two text boxes and one listbox. All
these are dynamically generated. The listbox value of the selected item
contains a string of the type 1,2 One textbox value contains a string with
all alpha characters and the other textbox contains an all numeric string.

On submission the set method in the ActionForm for the all alpha string
textbox is triggered but not the others. All the methods have a String as
the input parameter. The names of the controls are similar to
name="selectTab" and the names of the methods would be setSelectTab.

How can I correct this problem without using struts html tags?