Struts validation

tim

I have a simple application that I am trying to add struts validation
to.
To start, I am trying to get it to ensure that one filed on the form is
entered before the submit button is pushed.
If I add data to the field before entering submit, everything works out
OK and the screen displays the info perfectly.
If I don't add data, the message comes up that the screen cannot be
displayed.
This seems to indicate that the error message prcessing is occuring
properly and it's just a case of finding out the appropriate message
and then putting the error message out to the screen.
Any ideas as to what I should look for? Is it possibly another case of
using the wrong versions of things?