Stylesheets in Series

Newbie

I need to apply 3 XSLT transformations in series. Can this be done in XSLT, or
does the calling program need to call them separately?

Joe Kesselman

Newbie said:
I need to apply 3 XSLT transformations in series. Can this be done in
XSLT, or does the calling program need to call them separately?

Depends on what you mean by "three transformations". If you mean
separate stylesheets, then you have to invoke them in sequence unless
whatever stylesheet processor you have has a feature that supports
chaining them together (not at all common).

If you're willing to rewrite it as a single stylesheet with three
different modes, and use something like the node-set extension (or rely
on having an XSLT 2.0 processor available), you can transform into a
variable and then reprocess that variable's contents, using modes to
avoid conflicts between the templates applied in each pass.

Or you can start thinking about ways to rewrite the operations so it all
happens as a single transformation.