Submit form, open result in a browser

Tina I

Hi,

Is there a way to submit a form and then open the resulting page in the
default browser? (Writing the form submission code is not a problem by
the way)
I guess what I'm asking is how I can get the resulting URL and feed it
to the webbrowser module.
I need to do it this way because the site owners will not let me parse
the page and show the result inside my application... loss of
advertising revenue I guess. And since it's just a small added feature
to the application, opening it in a browser is fine. I just need to get
an idea on how to do it...

Thanks
Tina

Diez B. Roggisch

Tina said:
Hi,

Is there a way to submit a form and then open the resulting page in the
default browser? (Writing the form submission code is not a problem by
the way)
I guess what I'm asking is how I can get the resulting URL and feed it
to the webbrowser module.
I need to do it this way because the site owners will not let me parse
the page and show the result inside my application... loss of
advertising revenue I guess. And since it's just a small added feature
to the application, opening it in a browser is fine. I just need to get
an idea on how to do it...

That's not how HTTP works. Either you use e.g. urllib to make a http
call and save the resulting html into a temporary file - and then you
point your webbrowser to that.

Or you open the webbrowser with the url + parameters.

But there is no "result url"

Diez

theju

Is there a way to submit a form and then open the resulting page in the
default browser? (Writing the form submission code is not a problem by
the way)

There is a library called "Client Form" that does this for you.
wwwsearch.sourceforge.net/ClientForm/
I guess what I'm asking is how I can get the resulting URL and feed it
to the webbrowser module.

After the form is submitted through ClientForm open the resulting
response using the webbrowser module.

Cheers
Thejaswi Puthraya

Tina I

theju said:
There is a library called "Client Form" that does this for you.
wwwsearch.sourceforge.net/ClientForm/

After the form is submitted through ClientForm open the resulting
response using the webbrowser module.

Cheers
Thejaswi Puthraya

ClientForm is absolutely perfect! Less than 10 lines of extra code and
the job is done :)

Thanks!
Tina