submitting text box info to a file?

Eych

probably simple to most of you, but i'm having trouble figuring this
out because of my unfamiliarity with javascript...

i have a textbox that accepts email address, when the user presses the
send button, I want that address appended to a text file on my
server...kinda like a basic mailing list...

any assistance is appreciated...thanks in advance!
(fyi, using Dreamweaver MX 2004)

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

probably simple to most of you, but i'm having trouble figuring this
out because of my unfamiliarity with javascript...
i have a textbox that accepts email address, when the user presses the
send button, I want that address appended to a text file on my
server...kinda like a basic mailing list...

That requires some server-side scripting ability, either PHP, JSP,
ASP, or some other TLA :)

Of these, only ASP allows you to use Javascript.
any assistance is appreciated...thanks in advance!
(fyi, using Dreamweaver MX 2004)

Unimportant. You need to find out what server you use and what it
allows you to do.

/L