Successful validation still blocks postback

Guest

Hello,

I have an ASP.NET site that uses validators on a couple pages. On our
staging servers, the site works properly. When I deploy it to the live
server, however, the pages that have validators will not postback. The
validators do appear to be working properly--they show me an error if
the field is empty, and not if it isn't. I saved the generated HTML
from the staging server and the live server, and discovered that there
were a couple differences in the Javascript code related to validation.
I saved the HTML from the live server, and changed code line-by-line,
and eventually wound up with a page that would postback. So the issue
seems to be the generated HTML.

The staging and live servers are both running Win 2k3, IIS 6, .NET
Framework v1.1.4322. The live server does have an older version of .NET
Framework installed. The properties of the site in IIS are set to
process .aspx pages with the v1.1.4322 dll. The WebUIValidation.js file
appears to be in all the right places. The hosting company re-ran
aspnet_regiis.exe, which has cured mysterious ailments in the past.

Has anybody seen anything like this? Any ideas?

Thanks