Support of IPv6 extension headers

cychong

Hi,

There is no probleming in programming the basic IPv6 socket program
with the python.
Then how about the IPv6 extension header? The RFC 2292 and man pages
from the unix/linux advise
to use the sendmsg to send the packet with the extension header.
Does python support the extension header processing?

Googling told me that there is no one to try this one with the
python.Is it true?

cychong

Thanks for your reply.
BTW, is there any way to send the packet with the IPV6 extension header
w/o using sendmsg?

Chae-yong

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Martin_v=2E_L=F6wis=22?=

cychong said:
BTW, is there any way to send the packet with the IPV6 extension header
w/o using sendmsg?

That depends on your operating system. Find out whether your operating
system supports that; if it does, it is easy to tell whether that is
exposed in Python or not.

Regards,
Martin